Radon Testing

For a safe and secure radon test of your Atlanta area home, call the professionals at Residential Inspector of America. We’ve been offering both residential and commercial inspections to our valuable customers since 1989. Schedule online now or get an instant quote by calling (770) 476-4963.

The Dangers of Radon

Radon is a carcinogen and is considered a national health problem. It is a deadly gas emitted from decaying uranium that enters your home through small cracks and openings. This gas is especially high among areas where granite is present, and Atlanta sits upon a large reserve of granite.

Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers

Colorless, odorless, and tasteless means this hazardous gas is virtually undetectable by the human senses

Radon can be present in all homes, regardless of when the home was built or its foundation

Immediate Results Available

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends radon gas testing on the sale of all homes. Our radon inspections consist of a 48-hour radon gas test that utilizes a continuous monitor, so results are available immediately upon retrieval of the monitor.

Sample Report
Radon Testing Inspections Sample Report Atlanta

Radon Statistics in Atlanta

RIA recently analyzed data from over 2000 radon tests conducted in homes around the Atlanta area. Of those tests, 19% had a radon reading of 4.0 pCi/l (picocuries per liter of air) or higher. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Surgeon General strongly recommend taking further action when the home’s radon test results are 4.0 pCi/l or greater. Based on the EPA’s classification, RIA considers results of 4.0+ as “high”.

There is a common myth that radon levels are low or non-existent depending on the foundation of the home. Based on the tests taken by RIA, there were homes with high radon levels on all types of foundations.

Basements = 24% of homes tested high

Crawl space = 8% of homes tested high

Slab homes = 4% of homes tested high

Radon Testing New Home in Atlanta

Can Newly Built Homes Have Radon?

In addition, new construction homes are no less prone to elevated radon levels since radon is emitted from the soil and is not dependent on the age of the home’s materials.

On average, about 30% of RIA’s clients choose to have a radon test during the home inspection. That leaves about 70% of our clients unaware of the radon levels in their home. Make sure you are educated and know the facts.

The EPA and your RIA team recommend radon testing on every home to uncover any unknown radon issues. The solution to high radon is the installation of a radon mitigation system and can be completed for a reasonable fee once the issue is identified.

Protected & Knowledgeable

With a radon test from Residential Inspector of America, your family will be protected, knowledgeable, and confident to make the best home-buying decision possible. Call us today at (770) 476-4963 for an instant quote or schedule online now. We provide a variety of specialized inspections throughout Atlanta and the neighboring areas of Georgia, including Sandy Springs, Roswell, Alpharetta, Marietta, and beyond. We perform general home inspections, free inspection warranties, stucco inspections, and sewer line inspections.

American Society of Home Inspectors
International Code Council
American Home Inspection Training
Moisture Free Warranty

Home / Georgia / Why Choose Residential Inspector of America / Radon Testing