Looking for the perfect home in Jacksonville, Florida, can be exciting and anxiety-inducing at the same time. You have a wish list of what you’d like in a new home, but budget constraints, location issues, and unforeseen home improvements can add to the overall stress of home ownership. Thankfully, when you choose Residential Inspector of America, you’re in good hands. We have completed thousands of inspections, which will help you make the best home buying decision for you and your family.
What Will Happen during the Inspection?
- Your home inspector will check the following systems in your home: plumbing, electric, heating and cooling, and structural components such as roof and foundation.
- At the end of the inspection, a written report with the results of the condition of the home will be provided.
- The entire process should take two to four hours, depending on the size of the home.
What Specific Areas Will Be Inspected?
Below is a general, comprehensive checklist of what areas the home inspector will check.
- Heating System
- Central air conditioning
- Interior plumbing
- Electrical systems
- Windows and doors
- Visible insulation
- Any other structural components
Should I Attend the Inspection?
In order to gain the most knowledge from the inspection, we recommend that all future homeowners play an active part in the process. Therefore you should:
- Attend the inspection and feel free to ask any questions along the way. If you think you see issues with the home, please ask the inspector what he or she thinks.
- Pay special attention to any major issues the home inspector lists on the report. While both minor and major issues will be listed, it’s important to note the major issues as they may change your decision to buy the home.
- Review the inspection report with your real estate agent. A trusted and experienced agent will know what red flags to look for, and where to look for them on the report.
When purchasing a new home, our team at Residential Inspector of America is ready to provide you with a thorough and comprehensive residential home inspection. Schedule your home inspection today, or call the office at (904) 590-1306.